Adventure Time - Penguin

Blogroll

Januari 10, 2014

SOAL UTS BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS XII SMK BY DALIILAH, S.PD





CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER AND CROSS A, B, C, D
1.      Theresa: After working, I usually cook for my family. How about you?
            Dony    :  … and my roommate washes the dishes.
A.      We had dinner
B.      I often make dinner
C.      I am making chicken soup
D.     We always cooked for our lunch
2        2.    Jane   : What a nice skirt!
Ann      : Does it look all right?
Jane    : Yes, …
Ann      : Thanks. I got it for $ 7.50 in a sale.
A.    and it must be very expensive, right?                                         
B.    but you’d better buy a cheaper one.
C.   and it matches your scarf perfectly.
D.   but you cannot bargain there.
3.      Anne   : How was your weekend?
Pablo   : Not bad. I didn’t do anything special. … and painted the house.
A.      I play football game on computer
B.      I’ve been to my mother’s house
C.      I am staying at home
D.     I just stayed home
  1. Hilda   : Are you busy next weekend?
Fenti   : Not really.
Hilda   : …. Would you like to come?
Fenti   : Sure, it’s a pleasure.
A.      I can help you if you are very busy in the party
B.      My parents are going to have a baby shower
C.      The party was very entertaining last week
D.     I am very busy the whole week
  1. Dewi   : What are you going to do to spend our holiday?
           Hani    : I’m not sure yet. …
A.      I hope you’ll be fine.
B.      Maybe I’ll get a job.
C.      I am certainly in Lombok.
D.     I am going to spend my holiday 

6         6.      Daffa   : What are your mother’s activities while you are at school?
            Karina  : She cooks well. …
A.      We always eat out for dinner.
B.      She likes trying many recipes.
C.      She is fond of collecting kitchenware.
D.     We’d better look for Padang restaurant.
7        7.      Stella   : Well, how was the interview with Miss Joyce?
Anna    : Not too bad, I suppose.
Stella   : …
Anna    : All sorts of questions.
A.      What did she ask you?                                                                 
B.      How did you answer her?
C.      What languages did she speak?
D.     How many kinds of job did she offer?
8       8.      Sandra : What are your sideline activities?
Tony    : …
Sandra : Me, too. I like ‘Rock’ very much.
A.      I really love music.
B.      I am fond of volleyball.
C.      I usually do many things.
D.     I like watching football game.

Questions 9 –11 refer to the following information.


Singapore is an island city of about three million people. It’s a beautiful city with lots of parks and open spaces. It’s also a very clean city.
     Most of the people live in high-rise apartments in different parts of the island. The business district is very modern, with lots of tall new office buildings. Singapore also has some nice older sections. In Chinatown there rows of old shops and houses. The government buildings in Singapore are very beautiful and date from the colonial days.
     Singapore is famous for its shops and restaurants. There are many good shopping centers. Most of the goods are duty free. Singapore’s restaurants sell Chinese, India, Malay, and European food, and the prices are very reasonable.
 
 













9. What is the above information about?
A.    Places to visit in Singapore.
B.    A short description of Singapore.
C.   Information about Singaporeans’ lifestyle.
D.   The most popular shopping centers in Singapore.


10. What can people see in Chinatown?
A.    Ancient houses.
B.    New office buildings.
C.   High-rise apartments.
D.   Modern district sections.

11. “Singapore is famous for its shops and …” (3rd paragraph).
The underlined word refers to …
A.    shops.
B.    buildings.
C.   Singapore.
D.   restaurants.


Questions 12 – 14 refer to the following information.
I have three different jobs. One is as a copywriter for a local graphic designer - this is fairly new and is a freelance position, so the work is starting slowly and building up nicely. It pays very well though for the hours I do.
I also write articles and content for the web, so that brings in another stream of cash. My partner and I run our own eBay business, which has been going for six months, and we are doing well there. Grow gradually and don't expect too much too soon - or without hard work!
Finally I do some agency work to bring in some extra cash while everything else gets going. I do four days a week at a local factory. Low pay but the advantage is I can do as many or as few days as I like with short notice, which is handy when you have your own business

12. What is the text about?
A.    The writer’s busy day.
B.    A copywriter’s design.
C.   The writer’s partnership.
D.   Someone’s present job.

13. What can we say about the writer?
A.    He is a freelance.
B.    He is between jobs.
C.   She is a workaholic.
D.   She is a rich person.

14. “…, so that brings in another stream of cash.” (2nd paragraph)
     The synonym of the underlined word is …
A.    credit
B.    money
C.   currency
D.   opportunity

Questions 15 – 17 refer to the following message.


Message for:     Mr. Abdurrahman
From:                    Mondale de Coco
Taken by:            Martin
Time:                     3:20 p.m., Wedn.
Message:

Mondale de Coco at Putra Construction called. Has finished updating the contract but can’t meet you on Thursday at 4. Wanted to know when he can reach you to reschedule. Will be at home this evening, but will try to contact you before then. If he doesn’t get in touch with you, call him after 7 p.m. at home at 34-55-7456.
 
 













15. What is Mondale de Coco going to do?
A.    Revise the contract.
B.    Go out for the evening.
C.   Telephone again this afternoon.
D.   Meet Mr. Abdurrahman on Thursday.

16. Why did Mondale de Coco call Mr. Abdurrahman?
A.    To ask for some building work to be done.
B.    To find out when a meeting will end.
C.   To request a work order.
D.   To reschedule a meeting.

17. “If he doesn’t get in touch with you …”
The underlined word refers to …
A.    Mr. Abdurrahman                        
B.    Mondale de Coco.           
C.   Martin.
D.   Putra.

Questions 18 – 20 refer to the following table.



Save up to 75% on Cruises
 
 
Vacations to Go.com
DAYS
DESTINATION
OUR STARTING PRICE
YOU SAVE
4
4
7
7
Mexico/Central America
Bahamas
Caribbean
Alaska
$ 239
$ 299
$ 429
$ 449
73 %
67 %
76 %
72 %
* Registration required to view offers

18. What is the table about?
A.    A list of holiday packages.
B.    Popular cities to live in America.
C.   Discount prices for traveling by air.
D.   A new promotion on saving accounts.

19. Which place to visit is the least expensive?
A.    Alaska.
B.    Mexico.
C.   Bahamas.
D.   Caribbean.

20. The synonym of the word “required” is …
A.    expired.
B.    needed.
C.   traveled.
D.   acquired.


3 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...

Jawaban nya mna😂

Unknown mengatakan...

Jawabanya mana kakak

Unknown mengatakan...

Jawabanya tidak ada kakak maaf