Must is stronger than have to and indicates urgency or stresses importance.
e.g.: They have to attend the Friday Fresh at 7 sharp.
The leader must be a model.
do not have to = lack of necessity
must not = prohibition
e.g.: She doesn’t have to work overtime if she can finish her work now.
You mustn’t tell anyone what I said.
Complete the sentences with expressions using ‘must, must not, have to, do not have to’.
1. A: Ana has to leave for Jakarta tomorrow.
B: What time exactly __________?
2. A: Why are you in a hurry?
B: I have a meeting in five minutes. I _________ go now.
3. A: We haven’t got much time.
B: We ___________ hurry.
4. A: We’ve got plenty of time.
B: We ___________ hurry.
5. You __________ forget to take your key with you.
6. In order to be a good salesclerk, you __________ be rude to a customer.
7. A person __________ become rich and famous in order to live a successful life.
8. A person __________ get married in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life.
9. A: Did you get up early this morning?
B: No. It’s my day off, so I __________.
10. A: Tomy went to the police station.
B: Why did __________?
In an office Greetings (Good morning/afternoon/evening). What can I do for you, Sir/Ma’am? Could I take your name, please? Just a mo...
Ladies and Gentlemen First of all, let’s thank God, the Almighty who has been giving us His mercy and blessings till we can attend thi...
Chose the right positive, comparative, or superlative forms to complete these paragraphs. Number one has been done for you. Mr. Sukrisno an...
Offering (Asking for) a choice politely a) Prefer … Which do you prefer, the polyester or the silk? Which do you prefer, calling direc...
RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN ( RPP ) Sekolah : SMK IPTEK JAKARTA ...
WRITING & PRESENTING REPORTS Read and study the following expressions for presenting a report. Introducing the subject • I'd like...
CAUSE – EFFECT RELATIONSHIP Transition in phrases - Because of - As a result of The above transition must be followed by a phrase Exa...
May 28, 2010 THE HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION HEAD I nara Lightings, Ltd. Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates Dear Sir or Madam: ...
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER AND CROSS A, B, C, D 1. Theresa: After work ing , I usually cook for my family. How about you? ...
RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris Kelas / Semester : X / 1 Pertemuan ke : 3-4 Alokasi Waktu : 2x 45 men...
- ▼ 2009 (20)